Somethin' to say? Was zu sagen? Des choses a dire?

Follow mrlemarquis on Twitter If you want to make a comment but can't find the "make a comment" box, which keeps on disappearing, just send it either to twitter, facebook or to me at: iwmpop@gmail.com , and I'll maybe publish it for you....Only said maybe....! Here's the latest one: (Who IS this guy called Keith.....) "I just wanted to leave a comment to say that (from personal experience), although you get a bit stinky for the first few weeks, after that you don't get any stinkier! And those olives do look nice, don't they? All the best" Keith

hungry?Thanks to Tina Concetta Marzocca.

Actuelle informations...New....Neu....

Due to illhealth I have decided to post my articles here:Just click on the link....


Depuis peu vous pouvez suivre des liens par voie du "Twitter" vers des articles amusantes et/ou intéressantes.......... Allez-y.... essayez. C'est en haut...
******
For some time, you can follow links chosen by mr le marquis and presented on "Twitter". These links are intended to inform and amuse you - every day, or nearly, new ones ....Try it out! It's just above...
******
Zeit einige Wochen Können Sie interessantes oder amüsantes Verfolgen durch "Twitter"... Fast jeden Tag was neues von mr le marquis ... Versuchen Sie es...Zu finden oben...

here it is....you wanted it....!

somebody (!) wanted to know so here it is...

simple local vegetables

Monday 18 April 2011

Cooking...? Down under......

This is a non-political, non-racist Weblogspot, but for a change, I'm going to probably upset all those people I know "down under"....!
You see....I didn't think that deported criminals knew a lot about cooking, being too busy with "Ned Kelly" style activities, but seems I was wrong.....!
Oh - I do apologise....!
Mind you - I didn't know how to cook Bushes,      I always assumed that was Moses job...and I'm still of the opinion that a lot of those Australian Chefs DO look more like Ned Kelly's descendants than culinary experts, but....I'm learning!
 ......It appears that Australian Cookery is "Cosmopolitan" with a tendence, logically, to the English version...these things ...called "dim sims" look suspiciously like "sausage rolls" to me, just made from 'roo meat sausages, I guess!
Being the sophisticated, hospitable Europeans that we are, if you want to see more bout the subject - try this:


http://hubpages.com/hub/Australian-Food-Specialities


You'll find things like....
Good old Aussie Meat Pie
"good old Aussie meat pie"
....or the old favourite of the "diggers down under" Vegemite Australias favourite spreadtogether with Ketchup it seems to be the backbone of down under culinary art... Of course, life wouldn't be the same without finishing off with a slice of the most delectable and

 artistically fabricated Pavlova with berries and cream.."Pavlova with berries and cream" -  interestingly enough over the "Pavlova" there is a feud going on, between New Zealand and Australia concerning the origin....the most important thing is that they keep it strictly "down under".........On my researches, I was amazed to find that little or no reference was made to the infamous and numerous wild inhabitants of that largish sub-continent, there are reportedly more of them than people... ...Now why? Either it's like the flamingos here, inedible or they're hiding a great delicacy....!
Mind you - I finally got close to my "eyeball" search, with this....."Kangaroo meat balls" - well, it's a start!...It seems that it can be used also for more traditional purposes, but they don't mention the Brussels, Roast potatoes and gravy, and they do suggest that as an "alternative" BEEF  should be used....wonder why...?
No - I'm sure that if I ever went "down under" I'd want my trials to include this exotic thing..and just hope it would neither punch me on the nose nor hop off the plate and down the dusty track.......
Actually, I wonder what "baby kangaroos"      are called...not "lambs" surely? If so, I understand why they would normally hide themselves in pouches....!
Upon more detailed investigation, I discovered that - in fact - they make just about  everything from these poor little hoppers....!
Well - in Europe we've had Ostrich meat from South Africa for some years, but "Kangy" is something I'll have to keep an eye out for. I'm sure it's delicious.
As I'm sure you have all understood - this is a "light hearted" look at that old British Colony (ooopppsss..did I spoil it all again?) - I have to say that, since Australian men (and women) have a certain reputation amongst us Roastbeefs.....
One day....maybe....I'll pop down and have a look, although I'm not too good at standing on my head....!


Mind you....they can't be ALL bad...they do play Cricket....or did...!
Even if their reputation had to be rehearsed..



Just to finish off with, I'll leave you with this charming Australian way of asking politely for something to eat.........and what happened when he didn't get it.....
....then I'd better get out of here...


QUICK........




iwmpop(mr le marquis)  -  Vauvert,France   -  Avril 2011Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

METEO chez moi-Bei mir-my zone

This is what it's doing right now....or nearly! Go with your mouse to the image and click....

Lecker...Tasty... Appétissante

Des bonnes choses - de presque partout...! Leckereien von fast Uberall...! Tasty things from almost everywhere...! *********
European Goodies...! Slideshow: Mr’s trip from France to Europe (near Dieuze, Lorraine) was created by TripAdvisor. See another Dieuze slideshow. Create your own stunning free slideshow from your travel photos.
******* iwmpop (mr le marquis)- Vauvert, France - Janvier 2011